RECIPE: Zuzana’s Power Balls
Who’s got the balls to give this recipe try? :) haha. I did, and I couldn’t believe how good these Power balls turned out. The Power balls are amazing to have for breakfast or as a snack espeacially if you are in a hurry, and need just something you can grab and go. I also found out that you can use them as a gift (if you give them a nice wrap) or even a bribe :) You’ll see… Once you let someone taste your balls, you will never be forgotten. I promise.
- 1 cup of oats.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Crushed almonds or pecans
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- Grind the oats into an oatmeal/oatflower.
- Add the oatmeal with the almond meal and baking powder and mix well.
- Add the honey and coconut oil – you can melt it in a pot before you pour it into the bowl so that it’s easier to mix it in.
- Cook the carrots until they turn soft, and then mash them or blend in a food processor.
- Add the carrots to the mixture, mix well to create a dough for the balls.
- Roll the mixture into balls, however big you want them to be.
- Roll them in the crushed almonds/pecans to cover.
- Bake on a non-stick baking sheet for 25 minutes.
P.S. The balls will be very tender when you take them out of the oven so don’t touch them. Let them cool down for 10 – 15 minutes and then put the entire sheet with all of your balls into the fridge. They will become more solid and won’t fall apart when you bite them.