Looking for the rest of the week’s exercises? You can find them right here!
THURSDAY: ABS AND CARDIO BLAST
For details on this workout, keep reading:
Warm up: Any form of cardio that gets your heart rate up to around 80% of your maximum heart rate.
Exercises: These exercises will target your upper and lower abs, obliques, and transverse abdominis. Remember to keep your core locked on tight throughout for maximum BURN. Do 15 reps of each (unless otherwise stated) and complete 2 sets (or 3 if you’re super keen!).
Hold a medicine ball (or dumbbell) and lie flat on your back with knees bent, legs hip-width apart, abs engaged, and arms extended straight up toward the ceiling. Use your abs to “crunch” up by lifting your head, neck and shoulder blades off the mat. Slowly return to the mat to complete one rep.
Lie on your back with your hands underneath your tailbone and have your legs straight upward. Pull your navel inward and flex your glutes as you lift your hips just a few inches off the floor. Then lower your hips.
Lie on side on mat. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular to body. Place upper leg directly on top of lower leg and straighten knees and hips. Raise hips upward by lateral flexion of spine. Lower to original position. Thats one rep. Repeat with opposite side.
Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor. Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
Lie face down on the floor, legs together and straight, arms straight and extended above your head. Keep your head/neck in a neutral position. Keeping limbs straight (but not locked) and torso stationary, simultaneously lift your arms and legs up toward the ceiling to form a gentle curve with your body. Pause, and return to start position. Thats one rep.
Cardio: 45 minutes of cardio that will keep your heart rate up and work your whole body!
- 15 minutes elliptical
- 10 minutes rower
- 20 minutes stationary bike
Cool down and stretch: IMPORTANT! Don’t leave this bit out. Take 5-10 minutes to do some light cardio, decreasing the workload gradually. Then take as much time as you need to stretch out all of your muscles. Don’t know where to start? You could try here, here or here :)
- tladii likes this
- readme-backwards likes this
- skinnybooboos reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- wtfbecca likes this
- inspiring-to-be-happy likes this
- historybetween-cowboysandangels reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- historybetween-cowboysandangels likes this
- tiffytwocheeks likes this
- skinnylittlemess reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- nursepiton likes this
- exercisetillyoudrop reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- fromonemany758 reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- sunkissed-skin likes this
- bruisebruises likes this
- fragile-realist reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- omystitch likes this
- awakenthelotus reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- diamondsnshoes likes this
- iwumbo-uwumbo likes this
- lick-my-abs likes this
- iamnotasupermodel posted this