Looking for the rest of the week’s exercises? You can find them right here
!TUESDAY: ABS AND INTERVAL TRAINING
For details on this workout, keep reading:
Warm up: Any form of cardio that gets your heart rate up to around 80% of your maximum heart rate.
Exercises: These exercises will target your upper and lower abs, obliques, and transverse abdominis. Remember to keep your core locked on tight throughout for maximum BURN. Do 15 reps of each (unless otherwise stated) and complete 2 sets (or 3 if you’re super keen!).
Lie face up and place your hands behind your head. Bring the knees in to the chest and lift the shoulder blades off the floor without pulling on the neck. Rotate to the left, bringing the right elbow towards the left knee as you straighten the other leg. Switch sides, bringing the left elbow towards the right knee. Thats one rep.
Lie on your back with your hands underneath your tailbone and have your legs straight upward. Pull your navel inward and flex your glutes as you lift your hips just a few inches off the floor. Then lower your hips.
Lie on side on mat. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular to body. Place upper leg directly on top of lower leg and straighten knees and hips. Raise hips upward by lateral flexion of spine. Lower to original position. Thats one rep. Repeat with opposite side.
Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor. Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows. Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels. Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.
Lie face down on the floor, legs together and straight, arms straight and extended above your head. Keep your head/neck in a neutral position. Keeping limbs straight (but not locked) and torso stationary, simultaneously lift your arms and legs up toward the ceiling to form a gentle curve with your body. Pause, and return to start position. Thats one rep.
Cardio: Interval Training
- Minutes 0 to 3: Warm up. Pedal comfortably with little or no resistance.
- Minutes 3 to 7: Add resistance. Make pedaling harder and rise out of the saddle.
- Minutes 7 to 11: Add more resistance. Slow your pace to 55 to 60 rpm. Alternate standing and sitting for 30 seconds each.
- Minutes 11 to 15: Active recovery. Reduce the resistance and maintain a brisk, high pace (cadence) at 88 rpm.
- Minutes 15 to 19: Flat ride. Add a bit more resistance and pedal at 90 to 95 rpm.
- Minutes 19 to 23: Hill surges. Up the resistance and pedal at 65 rpm. Every 30 seconds, increase your leg speed and surge as fast as you can for 15 seconds.
- Minutes 23 to 27: Fast and flat. Ease up on resistance and pedal at a fast pace (110+ rpm).
- Minutes 27 to 31: Steep climb. Increase resistance and slow to 70 rpm, alternating between sitting and standing for 30 seconds each.
- Minutes 31 to 35: Steady cruising. Reduce resistance and pedal at your preferred cadence.
- Minutes 35 to 43: Speed play. Mix short and long sprints (95 to 110 rpm during sprints, 65 to 70 rpm during recovery). Start with 10 seconds and work up to 60 seconds (equal recovery time).
- Minutes 43 to 45: Cool down. Pedal comfortably (85 rpm) with little or no resistance.
Cool down and stretch: IMPORTANT! Don’t leave this bit out. Take 5-10 minutes to do some light cardio, decreasing the workload gradually. Then take as much time as you need to stretch out all of your muscles. Don’t know where to start? You could try here, here or here :)
- getstoned-getboned likes this
- tladii likes this
- dorita-harvey reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- ggonza3 likes this
- ggonza3 reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- perfectlyunperfect09 likes this
- fuckinfrenchtoast likes this
- something-coolx3 likes this
- ednutcek likes this
- tradingtruthsforlies likes this
- adjustingsail likes this
- skinnybooboos reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- frideuxberry likes this
- haohokay likes this
- aprillynnox likes this
- curvybrowngirl reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel and added:
- doesthismakemelookcolombian likes this
- mit-life likes this
- runforthethrill likes this
- itsmyturn2012 reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- vivalajahxo likes this
- fruit-and-tea reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- thelexisage likes this
- glitterheartbrkandhoes likes this
- wtfbecca likes this
- travelingst0ner likes this
- accio-la-vie likes this
- sexxinflexxi reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- hannahdenise likes this
- lilaclestrange likes this
- heismore-iamless likes this
- amylynneeee likes this
- alwaystimetorun reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- inspiring-to-be-happy likes this
- skinnyydarling likes this
- historybetween-cowboysandangels reblogged this from iamnotasupermodel
- historybetween-cowboysandangels likes this
- bittersweetxreality likes this
- freetoexpress likes this
- lackofsurprise likes this
- equaltotwo likes this
- isol-e likes this
- eunlim likes this
- tiffytwocheeks likes this
- lovelyasfcukk likes this
- littlegirlbigaspirations likes this
- capturedcreations likes this